John is a utility platform for badge Shitty Add-Ons. It looks like a toilet because I thought a visual joke was in order. It was designed before the release of the Developer's Platform, and provides a more lightweight interface for working with addons.
John can be used as either an interface for working with addons, or simply as a means of displaying them.
The badge uses an ESP8266 running Micropython to provide the user simple programmatic access to interfacing with addons via I2C, UART, APA102, NeoPixel, etc...
- 1x ESP8266-12F
- 1x 3.3v LDO voltage regulator
- 1x 1012 AA battery holder
- 1x Shitty Add-On connector
- 4 pin serial interface
- Compliant with V1.69bis of the #badgelife Shitty Add-On Standard (2x3 pins)
- I2C bus connected to pins 4/5 on ESP
- GPIO pins connected to pins 12/13 on ESP